Big slice of Cardamom cake for Doraemon
‘Never work with children or animals’
I’ve been particularly busy last week tying down 2 jobs at the same time, school kids & sick fluffy animals. I’ve had a few baking experiments that I haven’t got round to posting:
– ‘Rock’ biscuits that were jaw breaking (I had to bin them as they were inedible)
– Mini gluten-free Brioche that turned out surprisingly authentic
– Opera cake / Tiramisu hybrid birthday cake – joconde sponge soaked in rum with cherry mascarpone cream
This cardamom soured cream cake was inspired by Rachel Allen. This is a really simple recipe that has a lovely texture & delicate aroma of cardamom. I enjoyed a slice of this cake deservedly after a morning of mopping up dog wee.
Cardamom Soured Cream Cake (Gluten-Free)
100g rice flour
50g tapioca starch
50g potato starch
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 tsp ground cardamom
200ml soured cream
- Preheat the oven to 180C/GM4.
- Sift together all the dry ingredients.
- In another bowl, beat together the egg & sugar. Add in the soured cream & mix well.
- Fold in the dry ingredients and stir until just combined, taking care not to over mix.
- Pour into a greased loaf tin and bake for 35-40mins, or until an inserted skewer comes out clean
Served with more cream & blueberries